Application and Certification Process
This is a guide to the certification application and certification process.
IGC Certification Institute Co., Ltd. is researching a faster and easier approach in the ever-changing global exchange field. We will devote ourselves to continuous and continuous improvement for product development and productivity improvement, and contribute to industrial development through quality innovation and improvement of production capacity.
1. Certification inquiry and proposal
Before applying for certification, we provide consultation on the overall procedure and method for certification audit.
Upon request from the company, we will send you a proposal for the certification review period and certification fee.
2. Application for certification
The contract is automatically concluded upon receipt of the certification application, and a separate contract can be issued upon request.
3. Notice of Review Plan
After the certification application is confirmed, a detailed audit plan including the audit team and audit schedule is notified to the company.
At this time IGC Certification Institute Co., Ltd. discusses the audit schedule with the company.
4. Preliminary audit
The purpose is to give an opportunity to improve the system through a preliminary review prior to this review, and it is conducted only at the request of the applicant company.
5. 1st stage audit (document audit)
The first stage audit is an audit conducted to confirm the suitability of the management system.
There are partial differences in the scope of the examination for each requested standard, and the management system documents are reviewed.
6. 2nd stage audit (site audit)
The second stage of the audit is to verify the actual fact that the certification application standards and the organization's management system meet all the requirements related to the scope of certification through on-site inspection. If the standards are met based on objective facts, the certification registration registration is recommended.
7. Nonconformity Corrective Action
In case of nonconformity as a result of the audit, corrective action must be taken, and the result of corrective action is made through written confirmation or confirmation at the on-site audit.
8. Certification review
The certification committee determines whether to register for certification by evaluating the appropriateness of the entire audit process.
9. Certificate issuance
When certification registration is decided, a certificate is issued and delivered to the customer.
10. surveillance audit
If it is conducted to verify that the certification registration organization continues to comply with the certification conditions, it is carried out in accordance with the initial on-site audit procedure.
The regular follow-up audit cycle takes place every year from the date of the initial audit, and must be conducted regularly in accordance with ISO international regulations and IAF MD regulations.
[Remarks] The first post audit cannot exceed 12 months from the date of the previous certification decision.
11. Recertification audit
It is conducted every three years for the purpose of recertification of certification, and it is conducted according to the same procedure as the initial certification review.
Expansion and reduction of certification
Expansion of certification
If the certified organization is considering expanding the scope of certification or adding a site, it can apply for certification expansion.
The certification body that has received the application reviews it and then conducts necessary audit activities to decide whether to approve it.
reduction of certification
If a certified organization ceases to provide certain products or services specified in the scope of certification, or withdraws from a registered site or services is discontinued, the organization shall notify the certification authority within one month.
Upon receiving the notification, the certificating authority reviews it and conducts necessary audit activities to determine whether to approve it or not. If the scope of the certification is reduced, all relevant promotional materials must also be modified.
Suspension and cancellation of certification
Suspension and cancellation
The certified organization is not limited to the following cases, but certification may be suspended or cancelled in the following cases, and the certificate may be withdrawn. In the event of such a reason for suspension or cancellation, the Certification Authority reviews the matter and makes a decision on suspension or cancellation. The organization shall ensure that in the event of suspension or revocation of certification, the use of all promotional materials mentioned about the status of certification is suspended.
Suspension of certification
- In case the follow-up audit is not conducted within the specified time limit (if the follow-up audit is not performed within 12 months from the previous certification decision date
- In case the certification system does not have the resources and organization to meet the requirements of the applicable standard as a result of the audit for maintaining certification, or the certification system is mostly not operate.
- If there is no credibility in the certification system due to a claim or social question from a stakeholder
- In the event that the certification registration organization has not taken measures to respond to changes in the certification system and certification requirements
- In the event that a major nonconformity occurs as a result of the on-site verification audit, and a major nonconformity occurs again as a result of the reconfirmation review
- In case the related contents are not corrected within one month after receiving the corrective order due to misuse of the certification mark
- In case the certification examination fee is overdue for more than 3 months
- In case of failure to comply with the organization's obligations under the certification contract
- When used beyond the scope of the certificate
- In case of violation of contract or agreement
Cancellation of certificates
- In case corrective action is not taken after 3 months despite the suspension of effect
- In case the certificate is officially returned by the certification registration organization
- In case the production, activity or service of products (processes) included in the scope of certification is suspended
- If the entity to be certified is lost or not confirmed due to the dissolution of the certification registration organization or loss of contact, etc.
- In the case of post-examination, if the review does not proceed within one month after the suspension
Related Services from IGC