Russian product certification introduction
GOST is a national technical standard specified by the Euro-Asian Council for Standardization, Metrology and Certification (EASC) and stands for GOsudarstvennyy STandart, which means federal standard in Russian.
As the subject of the issuing certification body is different from the GOST certificate currently issued by country, each country's GOST certificate is a different certificate. Russia is called GOST-R, and Kazakhstan is called GOST-K.
Since the introduction of the EAC, an integrated certification system that took effect between customs alliance countries, the share of GOST-R certification in Russia has decreased significantly compared to the past. However, GOST-R certification is still required for import customs clearance for compulsory certification items that have not yet been negotiated between customs alliances.
✤ GOST R Certificate type
□ GOST R CoC
It is issued for objects that are obligated to obtain certification of conformity. GOST R CoC is a certificate that certifies that items and manufacturing process lines conform to Russian safety regulations for goods imported into Russia, and the issuance of GOST R CoC must be made by an accredited certification body.
- GOST R Certificate -
□ GOST R DoC
GOST R DoC is issued for objects that are obligated to receive a declaration of conformity. The Declaration of Conformity (GOST R DoC) is a simplified type of certificate compared to the Mandatory Certificate of Conformity (GOST R CoC).
- GOST R DoC certificate -
□ GOST Voluntary
GOST Voluntary is not a product that is obligated to obtain GOST certification, but it is a certificate that proves that the product is made in accordance with applicable regulations and guidelines. If a company receiving EAC certification additionally applies for GOST Voluntary, it is a company's publicity, securing trust, etc. Has the effect of.
- GOST Voluntary Certificate -
✤ GOST R certificate validity period
GOST R certification is valid for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 3 years.
✤ GOST R certification procedure
1. Submit application form and product-related documents to the certification body
2. Document review
3. Check the type of certification applied
4. Check whether sample test and factory audit is necessary
5. Issuance of quotation and contract
6. If a sample test is needed, the test proceeds after sending the sample and the test report is issued
7. If factory audit is needed, proceed with audit
8. Draft certificate issuance and customer verification
9. Certificate issuance
✤ Documents to be submitted for GOST R certification
- HS Code
- Product manual (Russian or exporting country language)
- Existing test report
- Existing certificate
- Drawing (if applicable)
- Technical documentation (if applicable)
❉ ❉ ❉
Why is it important?
- After the introduction of the EAC, an integrated certification system that took effect between customs alliance countries, the share of GOST-R certification in Russia has decreased significantly compared to the past. However, compulsory certification items that have not yet been negotiated between the Customs Union countries still require GOST-R certification for import customs clearance.
- Therefore, companies that wish to export goods to the Russian region must obtain a GOST R certification to demonstrate compliance with products that are subject to compulsory certification that have not been negotiated between the Customs Union countries. Only when the product, packaging, or attached document shows the GOST R conformity mark, can it be exported to the relevant country.
❉ ❉ ❉
The IGC certification body cooperates with the RUS-TEST PACIFIC certification body to provide the best competitive value to customers and stakeholders, and is reborn as a global certification body through continuous shared growth.
IGC complies with:
❀ Comply with legal requirements
❀ Teamwork and solidarity among members
❀ Sincerity and fairness
❀ Social and environmental responsibility
❀ Continuous development and improvement activities through knowledge and learning as a certification and registration service provider
❉ ❉ ❉
IGC provides a competitive and satisfactory service to its customers through several strengths.
❖ Providing competitive services based on knowledge and technology secured through certification projects in various fields
❖ Competitive certification cost
❖ Minimum time required through rapid authentication service
❖ Provide One Stop Service for certification of various systems and products in fields other than Eurasia through subsidiaries
❉ ❉ ❉
Related Services from IGC
02Product certification (European, Eurasia, U.S., China, Southeast Asia)
04Certification of auditor qualifications
05Professional manpower training and education