Environmental Management System
ISO 14001:2015 is an international standard for environmental management systems(EMS) and is a major management system standard that specifies requirements for the composition and maintenance of environmental management system. Many companies in Korea are getting certifications for their organization's environmental management, and more than 250,000 certificates are issued worldwide.
ISO 14001 deals with issues such as establishing, implementing, maintaining and improving environmental management systems, along with general guidelines on principles, systems and supporting technologies for environmental management systems. This controls your environmental aspects, reduces environmental impact and ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
ISO 14001:2015 Requirements
RequirementsISO 14001:2015 applies a High-Level Structure applied to standards such as ISO 9001:2015, and can be managed by integrating with other standards. In addition, the clarity and applicability of the standard is improved with consistent use of structure, definitions and terminology.
3.Terms and definitions
4.Context of the organization
The importance of ISO 14001
Almost any business can benefit from obtaining ISO 14001 standard certification. Certification is sufficient to provide significant benefits to organizations within any industry or sector, and provides a specific basis for carrying out relevant sustainable practices. Benefits of obtaining ISO 14001 certification include:
1. Environmental management improvement
An environmental management system that complies with ISO 14001 helps identify potential impacts and performs management and actions to minimize risks. ISO 14001 provides quantifiable and measurable tools to reduce resource utilization and improve the overall efficiency of your business, and to maximize the greater capacity of your operations.
2.Increase business capability
End customers often require a certificate as a condition of delivery. Therefore, obtaining certification becomes a business expansion capability. When expanding your business into new market field, certification is the best tool to keep the process smooth.
3. Proven business reliability
Independent screening of recognized standards reveals a lot and enhances your brand. Organizations complying with ISO 14001 take a lot of time and effort. Buyers and other shareholders are aware of this and refer to it when making decisions about who to move forward with.
4. Improve shareholder relationship
When you put the environment first, people will respond positively to you. ISO 14001 certification is recognized worldwide. If you are looking to expand your business to other regions, certification is the best way to show potential customers that you are taking an active step toward fulfilling your responsibilities.
5.Reduced operating costs
Achieving energy and water usage efficiency and minimizing waste means cost savings.
6. Compliance with laws
If you understand how legal/regulatory requirements affect you, it will be easier and more reasonable to follow the law. ISO 14001 also allows you to meet future legal regulations. This is a huge advantage for the ever-changing legal situation.
• IGC has been accredited for ISO 14001 by IAS, an Accreditation Body in the United States, and provides certification services for quality management systems.
• The auditors of IGC are contributing to the continuous development of customers by accurately assessing the suitability of the management system through the technology and expertise accumulated over the years.
• As a trusted global leader in management system certification, IGC offers ISO 14001 certification as well as environmental management and other management systems.
• IGC has up-to-date knowledge of a wide range of specific scopes and legal requirements in major markets around the world, and provides the knowledge and services to support your entire global operation.
Related Services from IGC
03Health and Safety